Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Best Advice I Didn't Get While I was in College

There's tons of advice out there, most of it's crap and once you get out of college, you realize how little you know. Hell, for most of us it hits the Spring (or for super seniors Fall) we are about to graduate and we start having to post our resumes. The eternal question becomes not what did you make in x or y class, but what you can do. The difference between knowing and doing is one of the hardest and complex to master. And doing requires time and money. I'm no expert and still a work in progress, but here is my favorite and most useful hour long talk on time management by Randy Pausch. If you've heard it before, it's good to refresh on and if you haven't, it's not a bad way to spent an hour. The single best piece of advice I've gotten on how to get ahead in life besides take a shower and watch what you dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment